Five.AI is a European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles.
We’re a fasat growing team unified by our goal to deliver level 5 autonomy, trialling Level 4 in a major London project by 2019. We’re solving interesting and difficult problems to service millions of people daily.
With experienced founders, world-class scientists and professor supervision, our team is accelerating advanced research learning and applying in the real world.
We are now seeking three highly talented Research Scientists focused on computer vision & machine learning to support a variety of teams.
- Develop state-of-the-art large scene understanding capability based on algorithms for processing multi-modal sensory data, including vision, LIDAR, radar, audio and IMUs and implement them, for example in CUDA-based GPUs
- Research effective and computationally tractable means to deliver accurate pixel-level labelling of objects in scenes, drawing on techniques such as simultaneous location and mapping (SLAM), convolutional neural networks (CNNs) and conditional random fields (CRFs)
- Research techniques for training and optimising algorithms to improve perception system accuracy and reliability, especially in relation to semantic segmentation, object recognition, object segmentation, object state, depth and gesture recognition and propose computationally tractable solutions for engineering implementation
- Research appropriate techniques, including autonomous agents, for developing 3D simulation environments capable of generating synthetically-labelled training data for CNNs, for replaying real-world test cases and for directed random test generation to deliver validation coverage for the Five AI stack
- Design, implement, test highly-efficient algorithms for estimating object tracking and prediction
- Generate novel research techniques for solving multiple challenges in the field of computer vision as applied to autonomous vehicles and work to get outputs published in the world’s top scientific journals and conferences
Education and Experience
- PhD graduate in the field of computer vision, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence under supervision of one of the world’s leading computer vision professors
- Masters-level graduate in a relevant field (computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering) from a recognised leading school or university in the field
- 2+ years of post-doctoral research and/or industry experience
- Track record of at least five pieces of work being published in top scientific journals and being accepted at leading international conferences (ECCV, ICCV, CVPR, NIPS, IEEE, ACM, BMVC etc)
- Strong background in advanced visual geometry and machine/deep learning as applied to vision
- Strong analytical background and deep understanding of large-scale optimization, numerical linear algebra, probabilistic inference
- Strong programming skills (Python, C/C++, Scala, Matlab, Java), experience with computer vision and deep learning packages (OpenCV, TensorFlow, Caffe, Torch, Theano, MatConvNet), GPU programming including CUDA
- Excellent communication skills (fluency in English essential)
- Desire to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Join a well funded European tech business with epic ambition
- See your work on the streets of London in 2019
- Enjoy working in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team from a variety of industries
- Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
- Benefit from a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options
- Freedom from the cycle of continual deadline crunching
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all