Systems Engineer - Test Track
FiveAI is leading Europe in developing software for self-driving vehicles.
We’re a fast growing team unified by our goal to deliver level 5 autonomy, trialling level 4 in a major London project by 2019. We’re solving the most interesting and difficult problems involving how we integrate advanced technology with our lives and to provide a valuable service to millions of people daily.
Our founders have experience at the highest levels of the technology industry, we have world-class scientists and engineers developing our software and the involvement of professors and experienced researchers from some of the foremost research institutions around the world. Our team is pushing the frontiers of research and applying it to the real world.
Having recently secured significant funding, we’re looking for energetic, driven, humble people with a variety of backgrounds to join the team based at our test facility at Millbrook Proving Ground.
What will you do
You will be part of the Integration team at our Millbrook test facility, directly working with our prototype vehicles and their sensor suites. You'll liaise with our software team to ensure integration and testing on the vehicles is as efficient, safe and as stable as possible.
- Ensuring the Vehicle Platforms and their suite of advanced sensors, compute and cabling are stable, reliable and ‘lifed’.
- Working closely with our software teams to make on-vehicle testing as smooth as possible.
- Developing and supporting our testing infrastructure, by developing tools for monitoring hardware and software, and making data analysis methodology and results available to software teams.
- Testing vehicles on-track and reporting back to development teams (which means you can be in a cutting-edge self-driving vehicles every day!)
- You’ll have a degree or strong background in Engineering, or a related field
- You’ll have experience working on complex systems and their interaction with the physical world
- You have experience with version control software and are happy to learn and use Git/Jira etc
- You have experience working trackside professionally or on large safety critical projects or in a closely related field.
- Experience with Linux operating systems would be ideal.
- You will gain experience using Python and C / C++ and other languages. Experience with ROS or other robotics tools is a distinct advantage. Experience writing GUIs and tools for monitoring and automation is a plus.
- You can work independently and with diverse teams in a fast-paced safety critical environment.
- Experience working with control systems, data acquisition and sensors e.g. LiDAR. RADAR, cameras, etc is a distinct advantage
- You are in the possession of a driving license valid in the UK, advanced driving qualifications would be a plus.
- Join a well funded European tech business with epic ambition
- See your work on the streets of London in 2019
- Enjoy working in a smart, low-ego multi-cultural team from a variety of backgrounds
- Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
- Benefit from stock options, a competitive salary package and BUPA medical care
- Freedom to innovate and achieve ambitions as part of an incredible team
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.