Senior DevOps Engineer
FiveAI is the European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles.
We’re a growing team unified by our goal to deliver level 5 autonomy, trialling Level 4 in a major London project by 2019, we’re solving interesting and difficult problems to service millions of people daily.
With experienced founders, world-class scientists and renowned academic advisors professorial, our team is applying advanced research in the real world.
Having recently secured significant funding, we’re looking for energetic, driven people with diverse backgrounds. If you think you fit the bill, please let us know. We would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to join our small but growing DevOps team. To help architect, build and maintain the infrastructure required to keep pace with the ever-increasing demands from our scientists and engineers. Whilst ensuring our servers, networks and IT security is as state of the art as our self-driving vehicles.
Do you have a real passion for automation, from unattended bare metal OS installs through to spinning up entire Kubernetes clusters on AWS? A good grasp of security concepts and experience with SELinux and tools for secrets management, encryption and isolation would also be helpful. Has reliability, repeatability and availability been key requirements to systems you've designed and built before.
We run a mix of on-prem and cloud servers, as well as managing our office networks and inter-office communication. There will also be opportunity to get involved in spec’ing, configuring and testing our vehicle compute.
Skills and Experience:
- Kubernetes expert
- Linux administration expertise (ideally CentOS/Ubuntu/CoreOS)
- Configuration management (i.e. Chef/Puppet)
- Strong programming skills (any language)
- Networking protocols (Layer 2 - 7)
- Virtualisation technologies (including containers)
- Logging and monitoring tools (i.e. Elasticsearch)
Other valuable experience
- Deploying and running HPC clusters
- Experience with Terraform and any other HashiCorp tools
You will be expected to be an excellent team player, have strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic, multi-site environment.
- Join the European leader bringing autonomous vehicles to market and feel like there is a part of you ‘on the car’
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit
- Have immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
- Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
- Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.