System Software Engineer
Five.AI is a European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles.
We’re a fast growing team unified by our goal to deliver level 5 autonomy, trialling Level 4 in a major London project by 2019, we’re solving interesting and difficult problems to service millions of people daily.
With experienced founders, world-class scientists and professor supervision, our team is accelerating advanced research learning and applying in the real world.
What will you do
- You’ll work at a system level to bring our software stack together and integrate it on the car
- You’ll have an overview across the software teams to understand the scope of the system and the roles of the individual components
- You’ll understand the features and bug fixes that teams are working on and help schedule and bring these changes into releases
- You’ll perform triage on issues and collaborate with engineers in software teams the understand complex cross-component bugs and provide fixes and improvements
- You’ll contribute to the design, architecture and robustness of our software stack
- You will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, control, localisation, computer vision, simulation, distributed computing and automated testing
- You’ll work alongside our researchers, contributing ideas and improvements to our work, and discover innovative ways of turning core research into a robust and scalable software platform
- You ideally have a degree in Computer Science, engineering, maths, or related field
- You have fluency in C / C++, experience in python and have experimented with other languages
- You've extensive experience of the full software development lifecycle within a fast moving and innovative industry and have knowledge of current software engineering best practices and methodologies
- You enjoy having a broad view of a system and understanding the details of a range of components rather than focusing on one particular area
- You’re fascinated by the latest technology and enjoy the process of finding out how things work
- You’ve some leadership experience but are excited about being part of a high performing, self organising team
- You’ve experience of scaling software projects and delivering high quality software product
- You've seen what a great engineering environment looks like and will bring your experience into the room for us to be the best we can be
- Join the European leader bringing autonomous vehicles to market and feel like there is a part of you ‘on the car’
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit
- Have immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
- Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
- Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.